Telecommunications company Optus has agreed a marketing deal with Formula One for the upcoming Australian Grand Prix in Melbourne.
- Telecommunication company's 5G technology is being provided onsite
- Mobil 1 Optus Racing Supercar team will be at the Grand Prix to engage with fans
- Optus will be offering a virtual reality (VR) track tour
- Brand ambassadors Daniel Riccardo and Chaz Mostert will take part in fan engagement opportunities
- Broader marketing campaign features broadcast advertising, out-of-home placements, branded retail, digital plugins and prize giveaways
Optus renewed its brand ambassador deal with Ricciardo for a further two years in August 2022, shortly before the Australian driver lost his seat at McLaren. With the Australian favourite now back at Red Bull as a reserve driver he should have more time for brand commitments at his home race.
Ricciardo, said: “It’s always great to be back home in Australia. It’ll be the first race I’ve attended in the 2023 season, and I’m excited to be back in the Red Bull Racing garage in my new role. I’ve been spending time in the simulator back in the UK so I’m looking forward to seeing the car in action.
“I have a busy weekend getting stuck in with the team on everything from engineering to activations. I’ll also be spending some time with Optus as their chief of optimism, meeting some of their new faces and key customers, and planning our activities for the year ahead. I’m also delighted to be the main man behind the 'OPTU5G VR' track tour – an immersive virtual tour of Albert Park."
Optus’ managing director of marketing and revenue, Matt Williams added: “In addition to all the exciting activities set to take place in the lead up to the event, we’re also showcasing our Optus 5G on the track, using VR technology with the 'OPTU5G VR' track tour.
“Optus is planning an experience like no other for fans that will be sure to wow the crowds and leave a lasting impression, building on its ambition to become Australia’s most loved everyday brand with lasting customer relationships.”
Optus will be rolling out all elements of its marketing campaign around the Australian Grand Prix in the buildup to the event on 2nd April.