The Williams Racing Formula One team have agreed a global partnership with cryptocurrency platform Kraken.
- Kraken becomes the team's first cryptocurrency and Web 3.0 partner
- Branding will be visible on the car's halo and rear wing, as well as the driver race suits and team caps
- Digital collectibles artwork will be promoted in the rear wing slot at select Grands Prix
- Williams and Kraken will also collaborate on the design of limited-edition caps for select races
- During the partnership, Kraken will also produce content and experiences to educate and engage fans about the value and mission of cryptocurrency and Web 3.0
Context: Formula One has had a tumultuous record with cryptocurrency partnerships in recent months, but this has always represented more of an adjustment period than an outright exodus. Deals like the Mercedes and FTX partnership collapsing may have indicated the end of these brands in Formula One, but Williams signing their first ever sponsorship deal in the space suggests otherwise.
Comment: James Bower, commercial director of Williams Racing, said: “We are proud that Kraken is entering Formula One with Williams Racing, bringing together two of the most trusted and longest standing brands in our respective industries. We’re excited to get the partnership underway to offer our fans cutting-edge crypto and Web 3.0 experiences, while also enabling Kraken to reach new institutional clients and businesses through our network and events.”
Coming next: Kraken's branding will be visible across Williams' inventory for the first time at the upcoming Australian Grand Prix.